Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Rock Restaurant - Normal, Il

My First Gyro Experience!


This is a gyro topped with feta cheese from The Rock Restaurant in Normal, Il. 

I was kind of hesitant to go in there at first, because I have never had a gyro before. 
The meat freaks me out... I never really understood what it was. :) 
For some stupid reason I imagined the little speckles as dirt.

But, The Rock Restaurant proved me wrong! It was really good... the tzatziki sauce on top
was so refreshing and addicting. It wasn't greasy and didn't make me feel like garbage for eating it.

The only negative thing I could say about my meal is that it was way too much food for me.
But I do tend to have that 'bigger eyes than your stomach' syndrome...

This restaurant has definitely inspired me to be more adventurous in the Greek food world.

What are some good classic Greek dishes that I could make or possibly order at a restaurant?


No comments:

Post a Comment