Monday, July 11, 2011

Linguine with Lemon Creme Sauce

I was feeling adventurous in the kitchen the other day and decided to make a new creation!
At first I wanted to make macaroni and cheese from scratch, but my past experiences
with the cheese sauce are floury and grainy... so not enjoyable.

So, after assessing the things we have in our fridge, I came up with this:


Ingredients you will need:
A box of linguini pasta (how much you cook is up to you)
1/3 cup of Milk
1 tablespoon of butter
1/2 of a lemon, or lemon juice
1/2 cup of grated extra sharp white cheddar
Basil

I started by boiling a single serving of linguini. Then, I poured a bit of milk 
into a small sauce pot, and about a tablespoon of butter, and stirred the two 
until the butter was melted. To that I added a squeeze of lemon, and set it aside 
always stirring every so often.

Then I got out a block of extra sharp white cheddar cheese. (Tillamook brand from Costco)
I finely grated the cheese until I had about a 1/2 cup.

After straining the al dente linguine and putting it back into the pot, I poured the milk and butter mixture 
over top, until all was coated,  I suggest not pouring it all on at once, but to save some to top the pasta after you plate it.

I stirred the linguini and lemon butter creme sauce and then added the white cheddar, mixing again until melted.
And voila! There you have it! My beautiful lunch topped with dried basil.

It. Was. So. Good.

Serving suggestion: Top it off with a little bit of lemon zest to make the flavor more prominent.

No comments:

Post a Comment