Monday, August 1, 2011

Cajun Fish Tacos

Hello again, this weekend Connor and I had a taste for a light fish dinner. Although it is known to be
dangerous going grocery shopping on an empty stomach, we went. And without a concrete recipe in mind.

Btw, I didn't win the challenge... I ended up buying some impulse candied kiwi slices.

So, after roaming the isles of Kroger, this is what we ended up with: Cajun Fish Tacos.




Ingredients:

2 White fish filets (found in frozen section) with cajun seasoning
1/2 of an Avocado
1/2 Cup of chopped cilantro
1/2 Cup of chopped white onion
1 Cup of halved cherry tomatos
1/2 of a lime for squeezing
Mexican cheese to taste
Flour, corn, or hard corn tortillas





This dinner was so satisfying and delicious, it was sinful. Of course, half of the credit absolutely goes
to Kroger for carrying that delicious, pre-seasoned, frozen fish. But the rest was all fresh ingredients that were amazing together.

Plus, each filet was only around 150 calories, so this was almost a guiltless dinner... as for the cheese... I don't know.



About these photos... I didn't know taco shells burnt so easily in the microwave.


Thanks for reading :)
& I hope you get to enjoy the tacos, too!

1 comment:

  1. Yummmm! I love tacos, although I've never had them with fish. I'll definitely have to give it a try.
    x

    ReplyDelete